Galentine’s Day Ideas
This very special day, immortalized in the show Parks & Rec by the hilarious Leslie Knope, was created to celebrate, in an official capacity, the joys of female friendship (GALentine-get it?)
Celebrated the day BEFORE Valentine’s Day is meant to be spent with your beloved female friends (or truly all platonic friendships) because without our friends, we lose out on all the joys that they bring.
As we grow older, it’s harder to find and maintain friendships. Life can get in the way, but on THIS day, we are meant to carve out time to celebrate the joys of having friends.
As Leslie Knope says, Galentine’d Day should be celebrated:
“While eating waffles and drinking fizzy cocktails, celebrate the women in your life, Knope-style, by sharing with each one in attendance why you treasure her friendship.”
Galantine’s Day Ideas:
- Spa Day
- Either visit a spa or host a spa day at your house. Face masks and cucumber water will leave your gal pass relaxed and rejuvenated.
- Hike and Meditation
- Plan a day in the great outdoors for you and your friends. Find a local hike with a view and spend the day climbing to the top, taking 5-10 minutes to sit in stillness together and celebrate your friendship.
- Cookbook Club
- Host a cookbook club where everyone brings a dish from a designated cookbook. This is such a fun way to taste multiple dishes.
- Game Night
- Have your friends over for a game night. Have them bring their favorite card or board game, and enjoy each others’ company with a side of healthy competition.
- Beach Picnic
- If you live in a warmer climate, try spending this special day in February at the beach. Bring along a picnic to snack on, stocked with fresh fruits, bubbly and games!
- Wine Tasting
- For the wine-loving friends, try a wine tasting Galentine’s Day. Visit your favorite winery or host your own wine tasting at home!
- Find a cause that you and your girlfriends would like to support and dedicate a few hours volunteering.